Post by Asaemon on May 16, 2021 16:53:59 GMT 1
THE CURRENT BUILD: PROTOTYPE V1.0
While still very much in its infancy, the current build offers the following features:
- 1 vs 1 local multiplayer. The game is currently multiplayer only; I'll be looking into AI down the road.
- Three luchadors, each with a secondary outfit.
- A dynamic camera system to track the action.
- A melee attack system with weak and strong attacks, and a defensive system with dodging and blocking.
- Health, stamina, and damage systems. Matches are currently only able to end in KO victories or time limit draws; I'll be exploring pins and submissions in the future.
- AKI-style grappling & grappling Moves: grab your opponent, and then tap a button to perform a move while in a collar-and-elbow tie-up.
- Taunting, special meters, and finishing moves.
Please Note: You'll need controllers to play, though menus are currently handled through mouse/touch input.
- Control Stick: Move Luchador
- A Button: Grapple Attempt
- X Button: Weak Melee/Running Weak Melee
- Y Button: Strong Melee/Strong Melee Attack
- Left Shoulder: Dodge Backwards
- Right Shoulder: Block
- Right Trigger: Run. Rebound off of ropes to make running attacks stronger!
- D-Pad Up: Appeal to Crowd
- Start: Pause Game
After landing a grapple attempt:
- A, B, X, or Y: Grapple Move
- Right Shoulder: Release Grapple
- D-Pad Up: Finisher (when special meter is flashing). Fill your special meter by appealing to the crowd or landing grapple moves!